Planning a getaway or staycation in fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada before April 4, 2013? Here is a hotel deal that you might want to consider. Stay at the AAA 4-Diamond Renaissance Las Vegas for $79 all-in and get almost all your money back in generous (and delicious!) perks.
Back in October, I decided to take advantage of a few Marriott-related deals and signed up for Marriott’s Platinum Challenge. When all our 2012 travel concluded with a quick weekend ski trip to Deer Valley, we found ourselves just one stay short of meeting the Marriott challenge. I decided to book a night (aka “mattress run”) for $70 at a local SpringHills Suites. However, a Travelzoo deal came along just in time for me to cancel that SpringHills stay.
The $79 Renaissance Las Vegas deal was available for the date we wanted, and included the following:
*Breakfast for two at the hotel’s acclaimed restaurant, ENVY The Steakhouse ($40 value);
*Two cocktails at the hotel bar, Grill 55 ($20 value);
*Wired/Wireless internet ($13 value).
If you have Platinum status with Marriott (or are in the midst of a platinum challenge), you will get the following additional perks:
*Access to the Club Lounge (open from Sunday evening to Friday morning) for breakfast, all-day beverages, evening hors d’oeuvre and dessert services;
*Your choice of food and beverage amenity;
*Possible upgrades to deluxe (or VIP) suites and a 2pm check-out (subject to availability).
TravelWhimsy and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Here are a few highlights:
(1) Fantastic Breakfast at ENVY
I wish that we had taken our camera or phones with us so I could share some pictures of the food. We ordered 3 a-la-carte dishes – Huevos Rancheros, Eggs Florentine, and Dutch Pancakes with Lemon (a side note to Gary – I hope that you will get a chance to try them and compare them to your Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes).
(2) Free Upgrade to the 1200-sqf VIP Suites with an Amazing View
There are 4 VIP suites at the hotel, and we were lucky enough to get one.
(3) Welcome Amenity
A full bottle of wine and a plate of cheese, crackers, and dried fruits (you can choose other items on the list, too). We enjoyed the amenity with friends before heading out to dinner.
(4) Qualifying Stay
The stay qualified as our 9th to complete the platinum challenge.
A Few Tips for You
- Before purchasing the Travelzoo voucher(s), check with the hotel for availability for your desired dates. This deal is available for purchase for another 10 days (as of this writing).
- Changes or cancellations can be made 7 days prior to arrival.
- If you have a rental car, parking at the hotel and on the strip is free. If not, the Las Vegas Monorail station is right next door at the Convention Center.
- To ensure credit for your stay, charge at least a few dollars to your room (e.g., taxes and gratuity for your restaurant/bar bills).
- By the way, the first Marriott MegaBonus for 2013 has been announced. Check this link to see if you are targeted.