The rumor seems to have been confirmed. You can follow the steps in the map below to participate.
[Update: 7:50pm PST, 05/07/2012: keep reading to learn how to earn up to 142,500 in this promotion, almost 16 free nights!]
According to comment #40 in the same flyertalk thread, there are three different versions of the giveaways. [Note: not all links below are currently working, but they should all start working at 12am CST on 05/15/2012 at the latest.]
- http://www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com (1 stay at Radisson = 50,000 points)
- http://www.sogocountry.com (1 stay at Country Inn & Suites = 44,000 points)
- http://www.parkinnoneplusone.com (1 stay at Park Inn/Plaza = 44,000 points) [update: only about 10 Park Inns/Plaza in the US & 2 in Canada]
A few more key points about Club Carlson and this promotion:
- Hotel Directory: Here is a link to the list of all Club Carlson hotels, so you can plan your stay and how and where to redeem those bonus points.
- Award Chart: Redemption for free nights starts at 9,000 points (e.g. Radisson Orlando – International Drive at Disney World). You can use your bonus points for hotels in expensive European cities. You can also use Points + Cash to book your stays.
- Multiple Promotions: I am not sure whether you can participate in only one of the three promotions, or all of them. Make sure you register for all of them just in case. [update: per Mommy Points' latest post, you CAN participate in ALL 3 promotions!]
- Trip Ideas: Many of you might not have access to a Club Carlson hotel near your home. If you don’t have any vacation plans between 05/15/12 and 07/15/12 to take you to a participating hotel either, you might want to plan a road trip like we did last November (we don’t have any Club Carlson hotels here in Vegas).
- Valuation of Club Carlson Gold Points: You can purchase up to 40,000 points per year at the cost of $280 (0.7 cent/point). However, this coming Thursday, you can buy up to 300,000 points at 50% off (~0.35 cent/point) during the Daily Getaways 2012 week 5 sale I wrote about. So, 50,000 points are worth at least $175 to you.
- Transfer to Airline Miles: 20 Airlines with 3 transfer block options ONLY - 50,000 points = 8,000 miles (6.25 to 1), or 100,000 points = 18,000 miles (5.56 to 1), or 2,000 points = 250 miles (8 to 1). This is NOT a good use of your points, unless you have no choice and have only paid $80 or less for that one night (buying miles for 1 penny or less, assuming you convert 50,000 points to 8,000 miles).
Have fun exploring your options!
Let me know what you think! I respond to all comments.